Winter Gritting Training
Our Winter Gritting and Snow Clearance operator training courses are all LANTRA accredited and delivered by our qualified instructors.
Every employer has a duty of care to their employees - a legal and moral obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff. It is illegal to ask an employee to carry out a task for which they have received no training, resulting in potential prosecution under current health and safety guidelines.
Snow Clearance Training
Mechanical Snow Clearance Training. An important accreditation for any Snow Clearance Contractor worth their salt.
Duty of Care
To help employers fulfil their legal obligations, GRITIT’s unique training programme covers the following areas: manual gritting and snow clearance, mechanical gritting and snow clearance and winter maintenance.
All modules include health and safety instruction. See below for more details.
- How to read a weather forecast in order to know when to apply de-icing salt to the sites.
- How to apply de-icing salt manually using a pedestrian spreader
- How to clear snow using a handheld manual snow plough
- How to operate spreading equipment that is either towed or mounted to the back of a vehicle
Mechanical Snow Clearance
- How to mount and operate a vehicle mounted snow plough
- Understanding and Forecasting Snow
- A combination of modules A, B and C
All modules include health and safety instruction
Cost per candidate start from:
GRITIT certified training £60
Lantra fully accredited £130