GRITIT Services for County, District and Local Councils
County, district and local councils are required to seek best value in their purchasing, but GRITIT knows that you also want to use your not-inconsiderable purchasing power to pursue an environmental agenda, promote equal opportunities & to support local firms to grow. Achieve these objectives, support business growth and to help drive forward your regeneration objectives by choosing a national company with a local model for all your grounds and winter services.
Why use GRITIT?
“ ...GRITIT's mission is to ensure that your critical operations are never interrupted, that you continue to maximize the value of and revenue from your infrastructure, and that the state of your infrastructure never causes you any reputational damage or legal claims”
Jason Petsch, CEO
GRITIT promotes regional expertise and training
At GRITIT, we believe that locals know best, and as a company we place emphasis on:
- Recruitment of local teams with specialized regional knowledge;
- Training and certification to keep the local teams ahead of the game;
- Increasing social value of assets to give benefits for the local community;
- Devolving responsibilities to regional teams;
- Equal opportunities across the board; and
- Long-term sustainability before short-term gain
Safety first, of course
GRITIT's absolute passion for safety keeps all your external areas safe 365/365, 24/7 for staff and visitors alike. We appreciate that the time window of council depots and operations are crucially important. 3 AM snow clearance before the early shift starts? No problem! Of course, safety does have another aspect, which is being sued for improper access leading to slippages and falls. GRITIT's got your back on that one too - we indemnify our clients against claims, taking the pressure off you.
GRITIT always keeps you operational
As the quote from the CEO states above, our mission is to ensure that your operations are never interrupted. For county, district and local councils, staying open is simply the prime directive; interruption is unforgivable.
Ask yourself, during 2017/2018's 'Beast from the East', did any council site close due to substandard infrastructure services such as snow clearance, gritting or de-icing? If so, talk to GRITIT:
- GRITIT's success rate for delivering its 500,000+ winter jobs is unparalleled in the industry
- Our industry tech lead gives you a wealth of reporting and notice before and after of jobs completed;
- Our regionally divided national operation is made up of locally informed crew and operatives who know your council area's unique weather, geography and topography challenges;
- Our massive fleet with leading edge equipment, the largest in the land, has appropriate apparatus to reach every inch of your council sites
- One dedicated project manager contact, easy to deal with just the one - no question of shifting responsibility
GRITIT extra responsive flexibility
Being the industry leader means our operations are scaled, with inbuilt operational expansion and contraction flexibility. GRITIT's strength, based on client feedback, is that our teams can genuinely handle unpredictable emergency tasks, far over and beyond any usual proactive story. Part of this comes from our industry-leading technology stack; our communications with your stakeholders are personal, direct and highly responsive; attending whenever needed and trusted directly by local contacts.
GRITIT commercial certainty
GRITIT offers you a fixed price for services that doesn't change. This means managing your county, district and local budgets becomes perfectly doable, and gives you the commercial certainty for council costings that's lacking from other providers.
GRITIT council site services - not just winter!
GRITIT has its roots as a snow ploughing company, but our services now cover so much more. The same team that already takes care of your county, district and local council sites in the winter will also
- Look after county, district and local council grounds, cut your lawns and trim your hedges
- Repair the potholes or tarmac on your roads, and mark lines on tarmac where you need it
- Clear up leaf litter in the autumn and do the weed-killing for you on council locations
- Keep your county, district and local council car park de-iced, grit your roads and de-ice your footpaths and stairs
- Prune your trees, eradicate invasive species and sow beautiful native flowers to take their place
- Landscape and maintain county, district and local council grounds so they are safe and look great all year round
- Help you make the most of the grounds that you already have in a sustainable, sympathetic and attractive way
- Maintain your grounds, footpaths, parking area and other areas used by pedestrians so that they're 100% safe and tidy all year round