GRITIT Services for Utilities
The utilities sector delivers essential services 24/7, 365/365, and GRITIT is there to make sure it stays that way. GRITIT's track record within the utilities sector is second to none, and some of the largest sites in Britain choose GRITIT as its gritting, de-icing and snow clearance provider.
Types of utility sites that we cover:
- Gritting, de-icing and snow clearance for energy sites such as electricity, oil, gas
- Gritting, de-icing and snow clearance for renewable alternative energy sites
- Gritting, de-icing and snow clearance for waste disposal sites
- Gritting, de-icing and snow clearance for telecom company sites
- Gritting, de-icing and snow clearance for water companies
Why use GRITIT?
“ ...GRITIT's mission is to ensure that your critical operations are never interrupted, that you continue to maximize the value of and revenue from your infrastructure, and that the state of your infrastructure never causes you any reputational damage or legal claims”
Jason Petsch, CEO
GRITIT works for your ops
The label 'utility sites' may cover anything from a small substation to an enormous depot, but they're all subject to stringent safety procedures and highly specific site requirements. GRITIT has the experience, expertise and training to work with your operations, using such things as low corrosive salts for special storage -- and with the largest dedicated gritting fleet in Britain, the appropriate size of apparatus to be able to handle site access (ie avoiding overhead cables). Our versatility means we will always work with and for your operations team, scheduling our jobs around your planned train movements for example.
GRITIT always keeps you operational
Utilities are obviously critical industries, and as the quote from the CEO states above, our mission is to ensure that your operations are never interrupted. For the utilities sector, staying open is simply the prime directive; interruption is unforgivable. Interrruption due to inclement weather conditions for snow or ice means lost service, and ultimately lost business.... and to the tune of thousands of pounds every second.
Ask yourself, during 2017/2018's 'Beast from the East', did your site lose any time due to substandard infrastructure services such as snow clearance, gritting or de-icing? If so, talk to GRITIT:
- GRITIT's success rate for delivering its 500,000+ winter jobs is unparalleled in the industry
- Our industry tech lead gives you a wealth of reporting and notice before and after of jobs completed;
- Our regionally divided national operation is made up of locally informed crew and operatives who know your area's unique weather, geography and topography challenges;
- Our massive fleet with leading edge equipment, the largest in the land, has appropriate apparatus to reach every inch of your site
- Track record with leading national utility companies - just ask!
- One dedicated project manager contact, easy to deal with just the one - no question of shifting responsibility
The choice is of course yours: do your winter services yourself in-house, use a cheap and cheerful local farmer or award the work to a gritting, de-icing and snow clearance specialist such as GRITIT.
GRITIT's extra responsive flexibility
Being the industry leader means our operations are scaled, and have the inbuilt operational expansion and contraction flexibility. GRITIT's strength, based on client feedback, is that our teams can genuinely handle unpredictable emergency tasks, far over and beyond any usual proactive story. Part of this comes from our industry-leading technology stack; our communications with clients are personal, direct and highly responsive; attending whenever needed, trusted directly by local contacts and not just using Affinity or other depot software.
GRITIT - safety first of course
GRITIT's absolute reliability keeps all your external areas safe 365/365, 24/7. We get that the time window of your operations are crucially important, we've done this for years throughout the country, from Land's End to John O'Groats. 3 AM snow clearance before the early shift starts? No problem!
Of course, safety has another aspect, which is being sued for improper access leading to slippages and falls. GRITIT's got your back on that one too - we indemnify our clients against claims, taking the pressure off you.
GRITIT site services - not just winter!
GRITIT has its roots as a snow ploughing company, but our services now cover so much more. The same team that already takes care of your site in the winter will also
- Look after your grounds, cut your lawns and trim your hedges
- Repair the potholes or tarmac on your roads, and mark lines on tarmac where you need it
- Clear up leaf litter in the autumn and do the weed-killing for you
- Keep your car park de-iced, grit your access roads and de-ice your footpaths and stairs
- Prune your trees, eradicate invasive species and sow beautiful native flowers to take their place
- Landscape and maintain the grounds so they are safe and look great all year round
- Help you make the most of the grounds that you already have in a sustainable, sympathetic and attractive way
- Maintain your grounds, footpaths, parking area and other areas used by pedestrians so that they're 100% safe and tidy all year round
GRITIT utilities sector case studies
|Scotia Gas Case Study|